Thursday, January 19, 2012

New American Wing Opens at the MET

While GCA studios were closed on Monday in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. - many students, faculty and staff were at The Metropolitan Museum of Art for the opening of it's New American Wing.

Some observations:

"The new main room with Washington Crossing the Delaware, and work by Frederic Edwin Church & Albert Bierstadt was breathtaking. I particularly enjoyed that they included some of Church's plein air studies next to the larger paintings." 
Joshua LaRock

"I spent all morning with the landscape paintings, I love being able to see Church's plein air studies alongside his larger studio paintings. I also discovered some new favorites I haven't seen before."
Emilie Lee

"When I walked into a room with multiple life size John Singer Sargent paintings that have been hiding from NYC's proud painting population, I was shocked! The collection is stunning."
Liz Beard


No comments: